Essentia Analytics is looking for a special individual to assist the Managing Director in growing sales of their award-winning behavioral analytics service in the North American Market.
Essentia Analytics is a 4-year old fintech company that is transforming the way that professional investors make investment decisions. Our behavioral analytics service, provided to the world’s top fund managers, is powered by machine learning technology and is proven to help our clients to make measurably better decisions, resulting in higher investment returns.
Essentia has been honored with multiple awards, including The Guardian’s Startup of the Year 2014, the Hedge Fund Journal’s Best Performance Data Analytics 2015, and HFM Week’s Best New Fintech Solution for Hedge Funds 2016.
The Essentia team is comprised of 18 people in London (HQ), New York and Singapore. Our clients are some of the world’s largest and best-known equity hedge and traditional long-only fund management firms, as well as smaller funds and start-ups. Demand for our service is increasing rapidly as professional fund managers face significant countervailing trends, including stiff competition from low-fee index funds. Many now realize that they must continually prove and improve their investment skill using the most effective services and technology available. They are now turning to systematic and AI-driven approaches to continuous improvement – that’s where Essentia comes in.
Essentia has a very strong culture, based on authenticity and mutual respect. We embrace flexible working, and therefore place a high value on clear and timely communication. We have cared about diversity since day one and are proud that our team includes people from a wide variety of ethnicities, age groups, genders, backgrounds and interests.
Our MD for North America, who joined Essentia within the past year from the fund management industry, is eager to work closely with a highly-motivated person who is interested in helping us drive revenue generation, and in contributing to the delivery of a service that seeks to make a meaningful difference to the performance of the investment industry.
About the role
The ideal candidate must have:
- 3+ years of experience working within sales for a B2B financial services, software, financial data, fund management or consulting company
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal sensitivity
- High confidence, tact and awareness when explaining novel concepts to less-informed listeners
- Strong business computing skills, including very good Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Experience doing web (and other) research on companies and individuals
- Experience with cold-calling and/or calling people they’ve never met
- Native-level spoken and written English
The ideal candidate may have:
- Experience working with professional investors
- Experience assisting an MD or senior executive
- Experience in lead generation activities
The ideal candidate must be:
- A quick learner
- Highly professional
- Internationally-aware (eg. well-travelled)
Responsibilities will include:
- Generating sales leads through web research and occasional cold calling
- Picking up sales leads generated by our Customer Development process and qualifying them through phone calls and other correspondence
- Ensuring all sales opportunities are well-documented and researched, and that all sales meeting notes and follow-up points are documented and executed
- Nurturing existing opportunities in the sales pipeline
- Booking initial demos between qualified leads and the MD
- Demoing the software to certain warm leads
- Assisting the MD in converting warm leads into closed sales
- Assisting the MD in managing certain client relationships
- Representing Essentia at industry events and conferences
- Owning the sales handover process to implementation, such that we can delight each new client