This is an exciting opportunity to grow into a Business Development Role!
A fast-growing software company providing ground-breaking behavioural analytics to the active investment management industry is looking for a Sales Development Representative to join its team located near Holborn in London. This is a new position in a small but growing sales team and a great opportunity for accelerated progression into a future sales role closing new business.
This is the ideal role for an ambitious individual with strong interpersonal skills, who wants to kickstart or take the next step in their sales career. A good phone and email manner and the ability to work towards targets and other KPI’s is essential.
Essentia Analytics is a 5-year old fintech company that is transforming the way that professional investors make investment decisions. Our behavioral analytics service, provided to the world’s top fund managers, is powered by machine learning technology and is proven to help our clients to make measurably better decisions, resulting in higher investment returns.
Essentia has been honoured with multiple awards, including The Guardian’s Startup of the Year 2014, the Hedge Fund Journal’s Best Performance Data Analytics 2015, and HFM Week’s Best New Fintech Solution for Hedge Funds 2016.
The Essentia team is comprised of 29 people, currently based in Notting Hill, London, but moving to Holborn by December 1st, 2018.
Essentia has a very strong culture, based on authenticity and mutual respect. We embrace flexible working, and therefore place a high value on clear and timely communication.
This role is the ideal opportunity for a highly-motivated person who is interested in working closely with a successful fintech startup, who wants to be at the forefront of helping them accelerate their growth, in being involved in revenue generation, and in contributing to the delivery of a service that seeks to transform the investment industry.
What you will be doing:
Your goal is to create more opportunities for the sales team by qualifying and nurturing leads and scheduling calls and demonstrations with prospects. You will work closely with all members of the sales team.
This role will involve:
- Following up with existing or new, warm leads (old opportunities, webinar attendees, conference leads, content downloads, contact forms etc)
- Cold calling and cold emailing to help generate a new pipeline of leads, when required
- Prospecting via LinkedIn, Twitter, and other channels.
- You will learn how the Essentia Analytics offering works; as a high-level overview, initially, with the requirement to learn more over time, as part of your progression
- Respond to inbound queries (calls, emails, live chat)
- Qualify leads by gauging their interest, understanding their requirements and recognising which solution they are most suited for
- Once qualified, set a call/meeting/demonstration for the appropriate business development manager
- Provide information/pricing on the Essentia Analytics and work to build rapport with prospects.
- Work with sales and marketing to apply drip campaigns and engagement emails to nurture prospects
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to analyse leads (volume, quality, trends, success etc)
- Track all tasks using our CRM.
- There will be increased involvement with upselling to existing customers over time.
The above activities will be tracked and targeted.
Required skills, experience and qualities:
- Experience in a sales development role helpful, but not essential
- A self-starting individual who can work independently, proactively and be adaptable
- A driven and ambitious person with a strong desire to succeed through hard work and total integrity
- Interest in developing into a future sales role (excellent opportunities available)
- A positive, enthusiastic personality
- A can-do attitude and eagerness to learn
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LinkedIn etc
- Experience doing web (and other) research on companies and individuals
- Native-level spoken and written English
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
£30,000 – £35,000