Essentia Analytics is a 5-year old fintech company that is transforming the way that professional investors make investment decisions. Our behavioral analytics service, provided to the world’s top fund managers, is powered by machine learning technology and is proven to help our clients to make measurably better decisions, resulting in higher investment returns.
Essentia has been honored with multiple awards, including The Guardian’s Startup of the Year 2014, the Hedge Fund Journal’s Best Performance Data Analytics 2015, and HFM Week’s Best New Fintech Solution for Hedge Funds 2016. We have been selected to take part in the Investment Association’s Velocity programme for future leaders in the asset management technology space.
The Essentia team is comprised of 18 FTEs and 9 Insight Partners in London (HQ), New York and Singapore. Our clients are some of the world’s largest and best-known equity hedge and traditional long-only fund management firms, as well as smaller funds and start-ups. Demand for our service is increasing rapidly as professional fund managers face significant countervailing trends, including stiff competition from low-fee index funds. Many now realize that they must continually prove and improve their investment skill using the most effective services and technology available. They are now turning to systematic and AI-driven approaches to continuous improvement – that’s where Essentia comes in.
Essentia has a very strong culture, based on authenticity and mutual respect. We embrace flexible working, and therefore place a high value on clear and timely communication. We have cared about diversity since day one and are proud that our team includes people from a wide variety of ethnicities, age groups, genders, backgrounds and interests.
About the Role
We are looking for a Finance Director who has overseen the international expansion of a SaaS startup to £20-30m+ revenues.
The ideal candidate must have experience in all the following:
- Building inhouse finance and accounting function
- International cash management
- US financial reporting
- Payroll administration
- Development and monitoring of relevant financial KPIs to support objectives of the business
- Familiarity with startup tech businesses, and an understanding of operations across such a business
- Presenting financials in board meetings
- Working with angel and VC investors
- Tracking ROI on internal spend, and benchmark commercial and financial indicators against industry standards
- Managing budgeting processes, with appropriate levels of control and forecast vs actual analysis
The ideal candidate must be:
- ACA qualified
- Highly data-driven and process-oriented
- A quick learner
- Highly professional
- Internationally-aware (eg. well-travelled)
- A technology enthusiast
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and reporting of Board Reports and monthly reporting packs
- Preparation and management of budgets
- Tracking of actuals against budgets
- Contributing to the financial strategy of the company